jsoup: Java HTML Parser
jsoup is a Java library for working with real-world HTML. It provides a very convenient API for extracting and manipulating data, using the best of DOM, CSS, and jquery-like methods.
jsoup implements the WHATWG HTML5 specification, and parses HTML to the same DOM as modern browsers do.
- scrape and parse HTML from a URL, file, or string
- find and extract data, using DOM traversal or CSS selectors
- manipulate the HTML elements, attributes, and text
- clean user-submitted content against a safe white-list, to prevent XSS attacks
- output tidy HTML
jsoup is designed to deal with all varieties of HTML found in the wild; from pristine and validating, to invalid tag-soup; jsoup will create a sensible parse tree.
Document doc = Jsoup.connect("http://en.wikipedia.org/").get(); Elements newsHeadlines = doc.select("#mp-itn b a");
Development and support
If you have any questions on how to use jsoup, or have ideas for future development, please get in touch via the mailing list.
If you find any issues, please file a bug after checking for duplicates.
jsoup is in general release.
- Parse a document from a String
- Parsing a body fragment
- Load a Document from a URL
- Load a Document from a File
- Use DOM methods to navigate a document
- Use selector-syntax to find elements
- Extract attributes, text, and HTML from elements
- Working with URLs
- Example program: list links